The Gear

Getting ready for this trip feels like playing this game with Colin; I only think I know what I am doing.


When embarking on a solo-camping (with dog) expedition, you need to have appropriate supplies. If you feel at-all inclined to help with outfitting me for the trip, I have an Amazon Wish List.

Backstory: All of my things - minus two hampers, a suitcase, and the last minute items the movers missed putting in my POD, are in storage. I've been wearing the same clothes on a rotation since the last week of June. I thought I would have a rental home to unpack in and set-up for a new chapter of my life; which just goes to show you that everything you think is not real. Piper, the fish, and I have managed thus far because it has been a mild fall and we have been blessed with the gift of a roof over our heads in some capacity or another every.single.day since we left Bryn Mawr. Gratitude abounds for the souls who have sheltered us.

I don't know which kind of coat will fit best, and I need to try those on, but otherwise, the list has almost everything I've researched that will make this journey feasible (plus an immersion blender). Some of the gear is specific to being a solo woman traveler, or a 60-ish pound dog, needing to be able to stay in touch with my daughter, and/or frequently work from my car. I fully intend to Leave No Trace, and some of the choices lean specifically towards durabiliy and reducing my environmental impact. 

Feedback, please! If you're a car-camper, nomad, explorer, tele-worker, dog-lover, person who wants to stay connected or have any experience with any of this, I'd love to hear what your favorites are and if there are any critical things I left off my list!

Comments

Popular Posts