The Tent


Getting prepped for this trip is essential to my success as a solo-female camper traveling to places I've never been before. Over the last week, I began testing my equipment, making sure I know how to use each piece and that it functions the way it is supposed to for its purpose.

Before work this morning there was a brief break in the rainy/windy conditions. I went out and set-up the tent, making sure I could access all of the pieces by myself. Set-up of the ayamaya 4-season pop-up was less dramatic than hoped (marketing said you could toss it in the air like a frisbee and it would land as a tent*), yet still incredibly fast. 

In less than five minutes, the entire thing was up and Piper was checking out the interior. I am delighted to note that her muddy pawprints wiped up with a single swipe. I'm looking forward to really getting in it myself. Alas, the last days for grading were calling, so it was time to tear it down.

One thing I can say about this tent is that it is, in fact, easy to put away. It took me six tries to figure out how to twist and fold it so it would slide back into the case, but once I figured out where on the circle diagram it meant for me to apply pressure, the whole thing twisted up and figure-8 turned into an easy pile to tie off.

If you want to see the interior tent set-up, you'll just have to keep coming back.

*The tent had an extra elastic strap on it, so it landed unceremoniusly until that was removed. Maybe next time. 🙈


Comments

Popular Posts