Day 56: Phones

In my grandmother's house in New Jersey, there is a phone on the wall that looks like this. It is from the days when they had a party line and you could listen in on any conversation happening on the street.


As I sit here watching Stranger Things tonight, I am entirely grateful for the use of telephones, mobile phones, smartphones, telegraphs - whatever! - keeps us in touch with people we don't see every day. While there are a million and one reasons for me to despise phones, and knowing that I was super reluctant to dive into the entirely smartphone age, I can still say that today I am most grateful for this technology that connects this great big world and me to the people I love.

If you'd like to avail yourself of a phone call to or from me, let me know in the comments and I'll find a way to safely exchange digits so we can talk sometime. 

For more on the things I am grateful for you'll have to keep coming back.

As I sit here watching Stranger Things tonight

Comments

Popular Posts