The Sojourn

Fact 1: Some things require an address.
Fact 2: There are other things that are monumentally easier if you have an address. 

I absolutely have been loving all of the adventures, places, hikes, and life experiences made possible by living on the road. Members of my family have asked me more than once when I'm going to be "done" with this; like it is a phase instead of a life choice. My answer has decidedly been that I don't think I will do this forever, but being a nomad is my foreseeable future. 

Just as I was feeling confidence in that choice, the universe intervened. I had known about fact two (see above) for awhile, probably since leaving Thiel. Fact one just walloped me about the head until I cried uncle. 

Here I am, at my "permanent" address, brainstorming ways to make my next adventure more comfortable. At one point in my life, the idea of living and working nomadically was inconceivable; now, I have been in an apartment for just two months and I cannot wait to get back out on the road.

For more on what's happening on the adventure front, keep coming back.

(post started on 2/27/24)

Comments

Popular Posts